The AIP Team announced details about the new Unified Labeling AIP client
A new public preview version is available: http://aka.ms/aipclient.
There are a couple of new things in this version:
- Dynamic content marking
- Per app content making
- Offline policy support
- Protection removal for pst, msg and archive files
But still some to-dos left on to close the gaps between classic and UL client
- Event log support. This is planned for Q2 2020
- HYOK – customers using HYOK can contact Microsoft Support to join the private preview for new HYOK release.
- New flow will be released later this year to enable end users to revoke protected documents and admins to track protected documents.
- Improvements for migrations from 3rd party labeling solutions to MIP
- Scanner improvements
- Easier SharePoint on-premises and subsite discovery. Setting each specific site is no longer required.
- Optimizations or SQL DB used by the scanner
- Ability to stop scans
The version also includes multiple bug fixes reported since last GA version: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/information-protection/rms-client/unifiedlabelingclient-version-release-history