The topic GDPR is still very important. Meanwhile there are also further laws like the law for the protection of company secrets in Germany (Gesetzt zum Schutz von Geschäftsgeheimnissen).
Microsoft offers customers and partners support for topics related to specifications, audits or, as in the case of the GDPR, to laws.
In fact, it can be a challenge to find your way around all the websites and portals that Microsoft provides.
Here is a current overview:
- Compliance Manager:
- Classic: The focus here is more on the legal perspective.
- New: Much more comprehensive and brings the topic of compliance score into play. The topics in the new version of the Compliance Manager can also be found in the Microsoft 365 Compliance Portal.
- Microsoft 365 GDPR Action plan: Top priorities for your first 30 days, 90 days, and beyond
- Accountability Readiness Checklist for Microsoft 365: Similar focus as the Compliance Manager Classic but provided as a website.
- Microsoft Compliance Score: Like the new Compliance Manager Portal. The focus is on compliance in general. Of course, the topic GDPR is also included here.
The Compliance Manager Classic and the Accountability Readiness Checklist focus more on the legal perspective of the topic while the new Compliance Manager Portal and the Microsoft Compliance Score use IT topics as a starting point.
Compliance Manager Classic:
Microsoft Compliance Score:
It is not important whether the legal requirements or the IT security scenarios are started. Both perspectives, IT security and the legal aspects, show many parallels when it comes to the implementation.